This Sunday, Skullcrusher Household is presenting a three-hour class on beating procrastination by cultivating positive motivation.
850 Williams Way, Apt 4.
Mountain View, CA 94040
When you get here, you’ll see a blue garage door with a turtle on it. Go up the stairs to the left, pass the monkey-pony monster by the door, and come right in!
Last week at our IFS practice group we had a full-house of attendees, and there was one issue that was especially popular. Quite a few of the people who came independently picked it to address. It’s the same problem that has come up the most often with the clients I’ve worked with individually. Want to guess what it is?
Continue reading “Come This Sunday and Learn How to Beat Procrastination by Cultivating Positive Motivation”
A while back, when I was making Anki decks of the life concepts that I found most important, I wrote these two sentences:
“Communication is authentic when what we express externally corresponds to what’s going on internally.”
“Humans crave authentic communication.”
If you’re anything like me, you spend a big chunk of your waking hours talking to people. It’s important the time I spend communicating be fun, not unsatisfying. I don’t like it when I:
- find myself planning what I’m going to say next instead of listening to the other person (Note: There is a level of listening beyond just being able to remember the words the other person said. That’s the type I’m referring to here.)
- wonder whether the other person is really listening to me, or just being polite
- discover that I’m completely off in my head somewhere else entirely, maybe thinking about what I’m going to eat for dinner
- get the sense that the conversation is kind of dead, even if I couldn’t say why
Everything I listed above is a symptom of people not talking about what’s actually going on in their heads.
Continue reading “Five Questions that Let You Watch What’s Going on in People’s Heads”
It’s been a while since I’ve hosted an official gathering, but I’ve been practicing hard, and I keep getting inquiries, so it must be about time.
The exact time is this Saturday, November 5th from 3:00pm-6:00pm.
And, even better, Shannon has been doing intensive (averaging multiple hours a day!) IFS training with me, so the facilitator to newbie ratio just went up. More individualized attention for you!
Our practice group will meet at our very own secret lair, Skullcrusher Household, complete with painted monkey-pony monster. (What’s with all the screaming???) We’re at Tortuga in Mountain View, CA. Email me for the exact address.
When you get here, you’ll see a blue garage door with a turtle on it. Go up the stairs to the left, admire Shannon’s monkey-pony monster by the door, and come right in!
You should join us if:
- You find yourself thinking, “Part of me wants X, but part of me wants Y”
- You feel stuck because it seems as though you’re being pulled in multiple directions at the same time
- You’re sure about what you should do, but you “just can’t” get yourself to act
- You see yourself acting out the same destructive pattern over and over again (i.e. lying awake at night worrying intsead of going to sleep)
- You want to overcome emotional blocks to becoming the sort of person you want to be (see item #4 from Alicorn’s polyhacking post)